The Waterfowl Festival is coming...
Don't forget to buy your tickets or book your accommodations now for the Waterfowl Festival this November. Plan ahead while the bed and breakfasts in Oxford, St. Michaels and Easton still have some rooms.
▪ The 39th annual Waterfowl Festival takes place in the colonial town of Easton, Maryland just fifteen minutes from Oxford, Maryland. The historic buildings of Easton serve as venues for galleries and exhibits, while events and demonstrations are held at the surrounding ponds and scenic areas.
▪ The Waterfowl Festival is America’s premiere wildlife art exposition featuring art work from more than 300 artists recognized world-wide. Hundreds of paintings, sculpture, carvings, photos, and fine crafts reflect the beauty of the natural world.
▪ Nation-wide dealers offering antique and contemporary decoys.
▪ The Waterfowl Festival offers fly fishing and retriever dog demonstrations – sure to entertain the experienced outdoor enthusiast, children and everyone in between. Also this year will be the DockDogs, an entertaining competition between dogs to see who can make the longest jump into a pool.
▪ There are numerous hands-on activities for the entire family, especially for the little ones, such as nature arts and crafts activities and up close wildlife education.
▪ Four world-class calling contests take place at the Waterfowl Festival attracting top callers from across the country and Canada. Contests: World Championship Goose Calling Contest® with $10,000 first prize, Mason-Dixon Regional Duck Calling Contest, World Champion Live Duck Calling Contest® and World Champion Live Goose Calling Contest™ – all with cash and gear prizes.
▪ Waterfowl Festival Attendees can checkout the latest gear, accessories and gadgets for hunting, fishing and marine sports at the Sportsman’s Pavilion.
▪ Great Eastern shore food and music add to the Waterfowl festivities.
▪ The Waterfowl Festival is produced annually by Waterfowl Festival Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to wildlife conservation, the promotion of wildlife art and the celebration of life on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
▪ In its 39 years, the Waterfowl Festival has become a leader in the conservation of waterfowl and wildlife habitat. More than $5 million has been donated to projects throughout the Atlantic Flyway and in particular the Chesapeake Bay.
▪ The Waterfowl Festival takes place November 13-15 in downtown Easton, Maryland, off Route 50. Festival hours are: Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
▪ Admission to the Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Maryland is $10 for all three days - children under 12 free.
▪ The source of this information was from the Waterfowl Festival web site. For additional information or tickets online, visit www.waterfowlfestival.org or call 410/822-4567.
Win a 2 night getaway at a St. Michaels Bed and Breakfast. Go to www.waterfowlfestival.org/getaway and enter code: CARD
The drawing will take place in December 14, 2009.
Bed and Breakfasts in Oxford, Maryland are also nice to stay at for the Waterfowl Festival.
Eastern Shore - filled with history, waterfront towns, and beaches. Eastern Shore Magazine ™ helps connect you to all the Chesapeake Bay, Eastern Shore, and Delmarva areas have to offer. Did you know Oxford, MD was voted best waterfront town in the world and is just 90 minutes from Washington DC? Use our Shoregle™ search to find what you're looking for on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Virginia, and in Delaware.
Waterfowl Festival 39th Annual
Eastern Shore of MD information Posted by Eastern Shore Magazine - Oxford, St Michaels, Ocean City and more. We invite you to post a comment and enjoy the Chesapeake Bay. Eastern Shore Magazine is our trademark and service mark. at 4:51 PM
Labels: art, bed and breakfast, Chesapeake Bay, Easton, events, Maryland, MD, Oxford, St. Michaels, Waterfowl Festival
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment