FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan 31, 2011 – Easton, MD – On the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, close to major cities yet a world apart, visitors will find a very special place … Talbot County, Maryland. Steeped in history, blessed with natural beauty year ‘round, and dedicated to cultivating both its cultural sophistication and its small-town pleasures, it may be the best-kept travel secret in America.
Talbot County has long been known for its splendid recreational opportunities, of course, especially those on full display in the summer and fall. Recent years have upped the ante, however, especially for lovebirds seeking a romantic winter retreat: first-rate dining options showcase seasonal ingredients; accommodations are irresistibly intimate and enchantingly eclectic; the shopping is everything a fashionista (and her swain) could ask for; and the subtle beauty of the Chesapeake Bay is breathtaking.
In classic Talbot County style, every town has its own unique charms for the amorously inclined. Here are highlights of just a few of them in quaint and quiet Oxford:
• At the end of Lover’s Lane (the small street that runs by the Tred Avon Yacht Club and the Sandaway B&B), trysters will find a small sandy beach, perfect for taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of bay, sky ... and each other.
• Bachelor’s Point, where the love affair between the characters played by Rachael McAdams and Owen Wilson in Wedding Crashers began, stages stunning sunsets every night of the year.
• Expansive Oxford Park is graced with magnificent old trees leading down to the Tred Avon River ... and a handful of park benches that are ideal for starry-eyed canoodling.
• A stroll down the strand is like escaping to a private island with its own sandy beach. And the breeze off the water offers the perfect excuse for snuggling.
• Dinner by candlelight at the Robert Morris Inn is certain to spark romance as sweethearts are bathed in the glow of a crackling fire, historic surroundings, and the finest of culinary delights.
• The eco-friendly and ultra-private Combsberry Inn offers three luxurious lodging options on the shore of the Choptank River: an English country manor home dating to 1730, the carriage house, and the cozy wedding cottage, each warmed by a fireplace (or two), soaking tubs, and beautifully decorated rooms perfect for dining and relaxing à deux.
Young or old, lazy or crazy, quiet or outgoing, every couple will find romance a-bloom in the charming, historic, and welcoming towns of Talbot County – all year ‘round.
Talbot County, Maryland: romance awaits, every season of the year
About Talbot County, Maryland:
Talbot County, Maryland invites visitors to experience the perfect balance of rural simplicity and urban refinement. With the timeless beauty of the Chesapeake Bay as their backdrop, the county’s sophisticated small towns, charming country byways, and wide array of activities offer something for everyone who appreciates the opportunity to relax, reflect, and renew. The Talbot County Office of Tourism offers comprehensive information and trip planning services at its Easton, Maryland office (1- 410-770-8000) and on its website (www.tourtalbot.org).
Carlyle Fairfax Smith
Carlyle International is a boutique strategic communications agency that focuses on supporting the marketing and sales strategies of luxury hotels and spas, destinations and premier special events.