Gardeners for the Bay
Take the Pledge
With your support, we can Save the Bay. Lend a hand by joining the Chesapeake Bay Foundation’s Gardeners for the Bay program. Membership is FREE!
Take the Gardeners for the Bay pledge now and receive:
- Two Gardeners for the Bay stickers to demonstrate your support for healthy water and a clean environment.
- A pledge card with useful Bay information.
- Automatic enrollment in CBF's Action Network, our e-mail alert system for important Bay issues.
- Discounts on merchandise from CBF's online store.
- Conserve water by diverting runoff downspouts and paved surfaces to rain barrels, rain gardens, or garden beds.
- Plant with native, non-invasive species that are adapted to conditions in my area.
- Enrich my garden beds and lawn naturally with compost, leaf mold, or other organic matter.
- Eliminate my use of toxic chemicals (synthetic chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides).
- Reduce my lawn area by planting native trees and shrubs and enlarging garden beds.
- Encourage other gardeners to join the fight to protect and restore the waterways, farmlands and forests for the Bay Region.
- Speak out for decisive action to save the Chesapeake Bay a national treasure.
* I support clean water and a healthy environment. I pledge to avoid toxic chemicals, reduce runoff and care for my garden and lawn naturally.
Take the Pledge - Click Here
Gardeners for the Bay information came from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation www.cbf.org